Join your colleagues at the 2011 ARSL Conference!
Registration for the annual Association for Rural & Small Libraries
Conference continues at www.arsl.info.
It will be held in Frisco, Texas, on September 8-11 and will be infused with a welcoming atmosphere
and sense of camaraderie unlike any other conference. Also, ARSL is pleased to announce that the University of North Texas as our conference sponsor. Online registration ends August 28, 2011. You may register in-person at the conference after that date.
* Registration for the full conference is only $200 for
members and $250 for non-members.
* Conference hotel rates are only $109 per night. (Rooms
are going fast, so book yours soon.)
* Free events are scheduled throughout including a
pre-conference mixer, morning yoga classes and closing luncheon.
* A field trip to the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas is only
* Birds of a Feather facilitated group discussions offer a chance
to gain new perspective while consulting with others about topics
affecting your library such as Summer Reading Club #’s, Fines and Dewey
* A Member MatchUp will be offered, pairing those new to the ARSL
conference with experienced conference-goers.
* Sessions are geared towards all levels of service that you
provide: Adult, Teen and Children’s Programming, Trustee/Board
Development, Community Partnerships, Technology Issues and much more!
* Free, instructor-led yoga sessions in the mornings.
* A session on Recycling Books for Fun & Fashion will be offered.
* National library leaders peeking around the corner during a
What’s Next general session.
Still not convinced that you should register? Read Sarah Washburn’s (of
TechSoup for Libraries) post: Best conference, hands down: ARSL!
I’ll see you in Texas…
ARSL Membership Development Committee, Chair