Today’s Date: 07/23/2013
Job Closing Date: 08/31/2013
Job Title: Library Director
Anticipated hours per week:Full Time
Institution: Kilgore Memorial Library
Library Location:York, NE
Website (if applicable):http://www.cityofyork.net
Duties / Job description::
1. Provides board direction for the library operations in areas of public policy and procedural interpretation, staff scheduling, safety, facility maintenance and related areas.
2. Advises the Library Advisory Board, Mayor and other City department heads on library operations and related issues.
3. Formulates, recommends and implements the strategic plan and objectives to the Library Advisory Board.
4. Formulates and administers library budget.
5. Promotes the library through communications with local and government entities; library liaison to the Kilgore Memorial Foundation, community groups, volunteers, professional associations, local/state/national libraries and others.
6. Creates public awareness and programming of library services with the Board, library users, community agencies and municipal government.
7. Directs and coordinates planning and utilization of the library’s on-line collection and services.
8. Develops and implements personnel and operation policies and procedures; advocates and implements standards of policy and procedures related to governing bodies, agencies and community organizations in oral and written presentations.
Qualifications: This individual must has a Master of Library Science
degree or equivalent form an American Library Association-accredited university and 3-5 years of proven library management experience. Experience with adult programming, public interaction, customer service, strong interpersonal skills, strong computer skills and managing a staff and volunteer.
Will out of state candidates be considered?: Yes
Salary Range:: $48,696 – $65,010
How to apply?: Send cover letter & resume to
City of York, P O Box 276, York, Ne. 68467
To post job openings, please see Job Submissions.