Today’s Date: 01/22/2014
Job Closing Date: 02/10/2014
Job Title: Library Director
Anticipated hours per week: Part Time
Institution Horseshoe Bend District Library
Library Location: Horseshoe Bend, Idaho
Website (if applicable):
Duties / Job description: LIBRARY DIRECTOR
Horseshoe Bend District Library
Horseshoe Bend, Idaho
Salary: DOE, DOQ
Status: 30+/- hours/week
Horseshoe Bend District Library serves the rural community of Horseshoe Bend with a service population of about 1500 residents. Ideally located 30 minutes from the conveniences of the capital city of Boise, this community also offers the charm of picturesque mountain scenery and nearly limitless outdoor and river recreational activities.
Job Description: The library director is responsible for:
• Daily functions, programs, services, and finances of the library
• Working in cooperation with the board of trustees
• Exhibiting superior leadership, administrative, and organizational skills
• Working collaboratively and creatively with the ability to adapt to change
• Preparation, management, and oversight of library budget
• Attending continuing education classes, as necessary
• Setting and working toward long-range goals for the library
• Supervising other library staff members
• Acting as a positive public relations representative for the community
• Acting as clerk for the board without voting rights
• Working with patrons of all ages
• Designing and implementing library programs for various ages
• Computer and technology troubleshooting and support
• Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Duties are performed indoors in an office/library environment. Duties require extended periods of standing, walking, sitting, and talking or hearing. Duties require occasional periods of balancing, pulling/pushing items, lifting/carrying items, keyboarding, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Weights up to 50 pounds are encountered. Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to do general accounting and bookkeeping. Reading materials and verbal instructions require complex interpretation. Hazards are considered minor and controllable, but may include exposure to human error and angry/hostile patrons/staff. Must be able to transport oneself to work-related destinations.
A successful candidate should possess people skills, computer skills, enthusiasm, energy, a desire to promote life-long learning, and an ability to understand the community and its needs.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: An ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS is preferred, but not required. High school diploma or GED required.
Applicants subject to pre-employment background check and drug testing.
Will out of state candidates be considered? Yes
Salary Range: DOE, DOQ
How to apply? Send cover letter and resume to HSBLibraryDirector@gmail.com or submit in person to Horseshoe Bend District Library.
To post job openings, please see Job Submissions.