The ARSL list-serve is one of your most popular member benefits. A large variety of conference information, job postings and continuing education options also come through the list-serve. Here are some of the topics discussed this month.
- I’m looking for some ideas on organizing boxes of local history materials. They range from one page clippings and photos to self-printed family histories to published books. Once organized, how do you decide what to catalog and what to weed?
- Can anyone share a letter used to contact preschools and daycares about library services and librarian visits?
- Does anyone have experience with a coffee shop inside your library? Experiences and ideas were shared.
- Discussions on how to best deal with donated and deleted books left after the book sale.
- People shared what they are looking forward to at this year’s convention.
- Can anyone recommend an electronic people counter?
- One library had concerns that a new police officer was harassing after hours WIFI users. Solutions and experiences were shared.
- Sick leave and paid vacation for part time staff.
- Suggestions for books on Down’s syndrome and grief were sought.
Be sure to join in the discussion and ask your questions on the list-serve. It truly exists for your benefit!