The Morton Mandan Public Library in Mandan, ND is currently accepting applications for the full time position of: Library Director – Grade 23
Salary: $26.72 to $40.08 per hour.
Applications without a resume will be disqualified.
Position open until filled.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science; Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited university preferred.
• Related supervisory experience; three to five years preferred.
• Hires, trains, assigns, directs, schedules, supervises, evaluates, disciplines, and develops personnel.
• Prepares and administers the annual library budget.
• Oversees expenditures of allocated resources and special funds.
• Drafts library policies and reports for the Board of Trustees.
• Manages cash flow and reports expenses to the Board of Trustees.
• Communicates library programs with the general public, including civic organizations and schools.
• Represents the library in cooperative partnerships.
• Develops long- and short-term goals and seeks funding for them.
• Oversees the development and management of the library collection; oversees the collection weeding process.
• Oversees the cataloging of the library collection.
• Directs the maintenance and repair of information technology systems.
• Oversees the maintenance, repair, and security of library buildings.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Knowledge of supervisory policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of library management.
• Skill in report preparation and records maintenance.
• Skill in the development and presentation of oral and visual presentations.
• Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
A full job description and application information can be found at: http://city-of-mandan-nd.hireonthego.com/