The City of Williston has an opening for a Library Director. Benefits include vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, retirement, health insurance, life insurance and flex plan.
The Library Director develops, administers, supervises and coordinates the work of the Library and staff. Performs managerial duties related to personnel, budget, building maintenance, library operations and services.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Implement policy as established by the Board of Trustees, including selection of staff and evaluations.
2. Overall supervision of the entire staff.
3. Acquaint the Board with specific problems involving the Library.
4. Accountable for the administration of the library operation.
5. Submit recommendations on services to the Board.
6. Coordinate services to adults in community through programming and reader services.
7. Draft Library policies and regulations for consideration by the Board of Trustees.
8. Analyze and coordinate budget estimates and control expenditures to administer the approved budget.
9. Serve as secretary to the Board when called upon.
10. Plan Library programs, considering recommendations of subordinates.
11. Make final decisions regarding purchases within the Library’s materials selection policy.
12. Evaluate Library collections.
13. Supervise building, grounds and vehicles.
14. Prepare and present special reports.
15. Supervise public relations.
16. Maintain channels of communication with other officials in the administration of the library operation.
17. Perform related duties and responsibilities as directed or required.
• Proven professional and administrative ability.
• Philosophy of library service acceptable to the Board of Trustees.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with the Library Board, staff, public and community leaders.
• Extensive knowledge of library materials and methods.
• Ability to organize and direct the work of professional and clerical staff in a manner conducive to full performance.
• Ability to interpret community interests and needs and to plan library service.
• Awareness and interest in community affairs.
• Knowledge of budgeting and public library finance.
Recommended Education & Experience: Graduate degree in Library Science from ALA accredited school or appropriate combination of education and a minimum of three years of experience in professional library work.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors but sometimes travels within the city for reasons related to the job. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $75,000 + (salary will be determined based upon experience, education or a combination of both).
Full employment details and the application form are available on the City of Williston website. Submit application with a resume to Chery Pierzina, Human Resources Director, at PO Box 1306, Williston ND 58802-1306, or emailed to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.