The Board of Trustees of First Regional Library is seeking a creative and innovative Library Director who can continue to grow a vibrant public library system located in North Mississippi. The successful applicant must be enthusiastic, visionary, and public service oriented with excellent management skills, traditional library skills, and the ability to effectively implement emerging technologies.
Director’s duties & responsibilities include:
- Serves as Chief Administrative Officer for the system
- Responsible for the library’s strategic plan
- Implements and manages a $5 million-plus budget, funded by five counties and thirteen municipalities
- Oversees a staff of 120 employees in 14 branches
- Builds positive relationships with local officials
- Implements technological innovations
- Encourages development and delivery of library programming.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS) from American Library Association (ALA) accredited library school
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a public librarian with supervisory & administrative experience
- Experience as a Library Director preferred
- Budget management experience required
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Must live in or relocate to community within library service area
Benefits & Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Participation in Mississippi Retirement System
- Salary range $85,000 to $100,000
Reports to the Board of Trustees
Preliminary interviews may be scheduled off-site during ALA Annual Conference.
For further information click the following link: rebrand.ly/directorsearch