Become a member of ARSL today and receive these benefits of membership:
- Regular sharing of success stories and problem solving on rural library issues on the ARSL listserv
- Access to a wide variety of rural information and news in one location on ARSL’s web site – a one stop shop for all things rural
- Access to rural and small library staff for professional networking
- Opportunity to vote for and run for the ARSL Board of Directors
- Get involved with an ARSL committee or working group
- Opportunity to aid in providing a voice for rural and small libraries on the national library scene
- Quarterly member e-newsletter
- Access to ARSL Membership Directory
- Discount on annual conference registration
Learn more about benefits from these Member Testimonials.
- Students, Retirees, Friends, Trustees, Volunteers, & Library Staff Level 3 (making $14,999 or less per year): $15
- Library Staff Level 2 Membership (Library Staff making $15,000-$29,999 per year): $29
- Library Staff Level 1 Membership (Library Staff making $30,000 or more per year): $49
- Individual Membership Premier (Includes $10 conference scholarship contribution): $59
- Institutional Membership for Libraries, library cooperatives and State Libraries (Three library employees receive membership benefits): $150
- Affiliate Membership for non-profit organizations whose purpose or interests are similar to ARSL: $150
- Business Membership: $200 which includes:
- $50 discount on exhibit space at annual conference and registration for up to 2 representatives of your organization
- One complimentary electronic copy of ARSL member mailing list
- Complimentary weblink on the ARSL website
- Complimentary space for a “Lunchtime Seminar” at the annual conference (business member provides lunch)
To join ARSL, you will be asked to create a new account on our registration site and then directed to visit the Online Store to purchase your membership. You can request an invoice be mailed to you for your membership or pay on the site using a credit card. After you become a registered member, you will be added to ARSL’s members-only listserv and have access to the ARSL Members Only Website.
Member login provides you access to your profile information, membership renewal information and to the member directory.
You can access the ARSL listserv archives by following the steps below:
2. Enter email address (use the same email address that you are subscribed to the listserv under) and establish a password.
3. Activate password by following emailed instructions you receive.
4. Click on subscribers corner. It will ask you to enter your email and password you created so it can be saved as a cookie. Then you’ll get to a screen that allows you to search the archives. Click on “Archive Search” to search the archives.
If you would like to order brochures and/or conference badge ribbons to share at your state/regional conference, we will soon be ready to accommodate you. Please email your request (along with desired quantity, delivery date, and address) to committee chair, Tena Hanson at thansonlibrarian(at)gmail.com
Our Flickr group is where we store the pictures of the organization’s previous conferences held in different places around the country. It’s also where we showcase our member’s libraries that we’re all so proud of.
In addition to our membership, we are grateful for all of our Organizational and Business supporters and they can be found here.