We are pleased to announce that registration for the 2013 ARSL Annual Conference is now open. Visit the Registration Page.
- Hotel Reservations
- Conference Prices
- Exhibitor, Vendor, and Sponsor Information
- Scholarship Information
- Conference Session Schedule
- Breakout Sessions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wednesday, September 25, 2013: Preconferences & Welcome Reception
- Thursday, September 26- approximately 1:00 pm, Saturday, September 28: Full Conference
- Saturday afternoon, September 28 – Sunday morning, September 29: ARSL Board Meeting
- DoubleTree by Hilton Omaha Downtown in Omaha, NE. Website: doubletreeomahadowntown.com
- Rooms will be $99 (plus tax)
- Within walking distance of Omaha’s Old Market, featuring “unique shops, boutiques, pubs, restaurants and entertainment in a historic neighborhood. Shop bookstores to bakeries, art galleries to antiques, clothing to collectibles, then dine in one of more than 30 area restaurants. Accessible.” (Taken from www.visitomaha.com.)
Perks for our guests include:
- Complimentary parking in attached garage
- Complimentary wireless internet service in guestrooms and meeting space
- Complimentary airport and local shuttle
- The conference is located at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Downtown Omaha. This hotel is out of rooms on our conference block. You may be able to reserve a room at their regular (higher) rates by contacting the hotel.
- Just 6 blocks further along the same street, you will find our overflow hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn. This hotel is out of rooms on our conference block. You may be able to reserve a room at their regular (higher) rates by contacting the hotel.
- NEW (announced August 5, 2013): our second overflow hotel is the Magnolia, located just 4 blocks from the conference location. A small block of rooms is available there at a conference discount of $109 / night. Parking is $10 / night, Internet is free as is their shuttle service which will take guests to and from the airport and the conference hotel. Reservations are accepted online by clicking here. This is our final hotel block, so make your reservations quickly!
- Registration is now open. Early Bird Registration ends August 25. Visit the Registration Page.
|Early Bird Member (Ends August 25)||
|Early Bird Non-Member (Ends August 25)||
|One-day (early bird) with meals||
|On-site, full conference, member with NO meals||
|On-site, full conference, non-member with NO meals||
|On-site, one-day, no meals||
|Meals + Reception only||
|Author Event only||
|Presenters / Scholarship||
See additional rates under Exhibitor, Vendor and Sponsor Information
On, In, Up & Down Tour of Council Bluffs: Tour public art, parks, historic Dodge House, Union Pacific Museum in Council Bluffs. Eat lunch at Dixie Quick’s restaurant (featured on Diners, Drive-In’s and Dives!).
Date: Wednesday, Sept. 25
Times: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Spooky Sights and Scary Nights! Council Bluffs Ghost Tour: Do you believe in ghosts? How do you get rid of a ghost? Attend the Council Bluffs Ghost Tour and you’ll find out!
Date: Friday, Sept. 27
Times: 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Lee Rainie, Director of the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project
- Sally Gardner Reed, Executive Director of ALA’s United for Libraries
- Mary Beth Stenger, director of the Southern Area Public Library, and winner of the 2013 Best Small Library in America award from Library Journal
- Craig Johnson, will be the featured speaker at the Author Luncheon
- Joe Starita, Nebraska author of “I am a Man:” Chief Standing Bear’s Journey for Justice