The Library Board of Trustees for the Starke County Public Library seeks a new leader to continue and enhance the library’s successful role within its 23,000 population service area.
Working with 30 staff members, the ideal candidate will have proven financial and administrative skills as well as the vision and commitment to lead a library system in beautiful north central Indiana. The Starke County Library System, http://scpls.org/, includes four facilities.
The Henry Schricker Main Library, built in 1992 and renovated and expanded in 2013, is located in Knox, https://www.cityofknox.net/. The main library is a separate building located on the City of Knox’s school campus adjacent to the elementary, middle and high school. The main library features an innovative young adult area and a vibrant and flexible youth space. The three branches are located in Hamlet, Koontz Lake, and San Pierre.
Knox is almost equidistant from Valparaiso and Plymouth, Indiana, on the scenic Yellow River, near to Indiana’s lake district. South Bend is less than an hour’s drive and Chicago is 1.5 hours away. Starke County, http://www.co.starke.in.us/, is an agricultural and recreational area with several trails and lakes.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, submit a cover letter, specifically addressing the position requirements, a resume, and the name and contact information (including email address) of three (3) professional references to Beth Lawrence, Board President, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Salary range is $45,000-$59,000 annually, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health insurance, retirement, paid leave and optional deferred compensation.
Education, Experience and Skills Required for this Job:
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university plus five years of progressively responsible library administrative experience including at least three years in a supervisory capacity (Eligibility for Indiana Librarian Certificate 2)
- Demonstrated knowledge of library budgets, personnel management, library technology, and rural libraries
- Excellent communication, facilitation and organizational skills
- Ability to administer the activities of a public library and to supervise the work of others
- Ability to articulate a vision for library service and inspire others to provide excellent service
State where job is located: Indiana
Job Closing Date: Until the position is filled