Goshen County Public Library is seeking to hire a Library Director. The Goshen County Library Director is a full-time, benefited, exempt position, responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and long-term planning of the library, which serves a county population of 13,378.. The Library Director typically works Monday through Friday with some scheduled weekend and evening responsibilities. The Director reports to the Goshen County Library Board. The Library Director:• supervises and oversees library programming and children, teen and adult services;
• oversees and participates in strategic and facilities planning;
• ensures library accreditation and federal and state documentation;
• responsible for fiscal management; information technology; collection acquisition, cataloging, circulation and development;
• supervises and evaluates personnel;
• responsible for public and patron relations; and
• maintains a healthy and safe library.
• Bachelor’s degree in field with public administration, business management or sufficient background to effectively manage the Goshen County Library;
• Experience with the principles and practices of public administration and supervision;
• Experience with fiscal budget development, and personnel management;
• Supervisory experience;
• Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills, analysis, initiative
• Consistent discretion and judgment
• Current and valid state-issued driver’s license.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Library or Information Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association or willingness to obtain at least 12 credits in library or information science within a reasonable three years.
Salary Range: $46,000-$48,000/ yr.
Application process: Please submit a letter of interest, resume and reference list to Goshen County Library Board, 2001 East A St., Torrington, WY 82240. If you are selected as a final candidate, you will also need to submit transcripts and complete a background check.
Goshen County Library is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Must pass drug and background tests. Full job description available upon request: email@example.com or at the Goshen County Library.